“pianobar” is a free/open-source, console-based replacement for pandora’s flash player. “pianobarfly” is a patched version of it, which adds some pretty awesome features including capturing music from your stream into a local .mp3 file format.
– play and manage (create, add more music, delete, rename, …) your stations
– rate played songs and let pandora explain why they have been selected
– show upcoming songs/song history
– configure keybindings
– last.fm scrobbling support (external application)
– proxy support for listeners outside the USA
Where to get it
Simply download it from git:
How to install
This gets to be slightly complicated depending on what flavour of Linux you are using. For ubuntu/debian users, I’ve made it extremely easy:
# sudo apt-get install libao-dev libao-common libfaad-dev libmad0-dev libtagc0-dev libjson0-dev libgnutls-dev
This should leave you with a binary if all goes well. Copy it to somewhere in your $PATH (echo $PATH) and you can run it by simply typing pianobarfly. If not, you will need to get the appropriate libraries and packages for your particular system.
I do not offer support on this. Good luck!
Pianobar development page: http://6xq.net/html/00/17.htmlTweet